As I have posted before, Phil and I were engaged on New Year's Eve 2010. That night Phil cooked up some live lobster for us with garlic potatoes (the potatoes plated a key role in the proposal by the way!) We didn;t spring for the lobsters this year, but one dish we celebrate with a lot is snow crab. Here is how we prepare it. We usually buy 2lbs of crab for two people.
2lbs Snow Crab
Old Bay Seasoning
1 Stick Butter
1. Rinse the crab.
2. In a large pot combine water, a couple shakes of Old Bay seasoning, and half a lemon. Bring to a boil.
3. Add crab. Bring back to boil, cover, and let boil for 7 mins. Serve immediately
4. If you like to dip in butter, melt in microwave safe bowl. We usually squeeze the other half of the lemon into the melted butter...it's yummy.
Note: When you serve the crab you will want to have a bowl on the table where you can put the shells.
Baby Red Potatoes
2 Tbsp Parsley coarsely chopped
1 Tsp Garlic Salt
2 Tbsp Butter
1. Bring a medium size pot of water to a boil.
2. Chop parsley.
3. Add desired number of rinsed potatoes to boiling water. Boil until potatoes are tender. (if making these with snow crab you may want to begin the potatoes about 20 mins before the crab is ready to be served)
4. Drain potatoes and place back in pot.
5. Add butter, garlic salt, and parsley to pot. Stir to cover potatoes.
Parmesan Risotto was the side dish at our wedding and I found a great recipe at from Real Simple, you can find it on there website, just click on link
We paired out dinner with a bottle of Frog's Leap that Phil has purchased last year for our engagemnt and that we saved for this year!